The fact is that many commercial based software produces a logs of their usage and store those data with limited analytics usage capabilities. IT logs contain valuable information about the user’s computer (operating system, HDD, LAN, Uptime, etc.), user activity like type of mouse clicks to execute a certain command or utilize a specific software feature. It is very common that usage of logs data are limited and mostly to the basic audit trail features. IT log data with Simula analytics supersede needs of software engineers or IT, providing with a means to evaluate performance, resolve bugs, and track basic product usage.
Recently, our clients have begun to realize that IT logs are a source of incredibly rich information about how customers interact with their software product or service (SaaS). Rather than having to rely on more traditional and subjective metrics for assessing software usage or developing marketing campaigns, software usage analytics can provide a robust, quantitative measure of the precise way in which the software is used. In addition to being used in predictive models to drive value of the analyzed software, this data can be visualized to analyze usage trends for CX / UX over time. Analyzing log data provides powerful insight into user behavior (UX) that can be used to improve software design and enhance ultimately the user experience. Some example of use cases are:
Account Managers / Sales Managers
- Increase trial conversion rates through better awareness of trial users’ usage data and areas where they may be running into problems which is lowering the probability of software purchase
- Prioritize customers at-risk of churn (low UX ratio) in order to improve customer retention and reduce customer churn.
User Experience Teams
- Monitor new or existing feature adoption to improve UX and accelerate feature and release adoption rates.
- Improve user workflows by analyzing software commands and command sequences usage by different user categories to identify ways to make business workflows easier and/or more efficient.
Software Development Teams
- Analyze crashes and bug reports to prioritize bug or crash fixes and improve software stability and usability.
- Analyze command and feature usage in order to improve documentation and training for richer user experience.
Although the possibilities for deriving value from software log data are numerous, the process for understanding this data can be quite complex and challenging. Software usage log data is almost always collected and stored in a format that is not adjusted and in format for analytics. This situation requires the significant efforts in area of data exploration and ETL prior to data and business modeling. Simula can provide a comprehensive analytics platform to collect, store, transform, analyze, model, and visualize software log data from different sources and variety of industry vendors. Simula can provide an entire Product Usage Analytics platform or individual services on a service basis. What sets our company an apart is our flexibility and capacity to provide the analytics necessary to drive product and customer service excellence for your organization.
In previous period our clients, whether newly formed analytics teams or established pros, find that our platform can help them to better understand their data, strengthen their teams’ capacity, and ultimately bring focus to the basic and advanced levels of insights aligned to their (business / IT) needs.